Friday, May 1, 2009

Trade - May Possibles

I have had several emails asking what I am looking at for the next round of covered calls (June X) so I thought I would share my short list with everybody. The more the market goes up the harder it is getting to find safer investments. Many of my usuals are up 50%++ in the last 8 weeks so I am having to go out and look for new prospects. I am also going to try to move to some of the safer stocks and sacrifice the big premiums that we have been getting the last 3 months. Okay here is the short list for June X Covered Calls:

NAT (a new one for me)
KO (oldie but goodie. Safety here)
MCD (safety)
ABT (nice 4% yield, low debt, next pattent doesn't expire until 2017, good growth potential)
EMR (35+ years of dividend increases, 4% yield, industrial that hasn't moved up like others)
ADP (25+ years of dividend increases, over 4% yield, hasn't had a big run this year, safety!)
INTC (Safe company that offers 3-4% CC premiums and it keeps bouncing between 15 and 16)
BBT (I will do NPs if the stock goes below 20 at 17.50 strikes otherwise I will contine to write calls on my shares)

Again I am making a big move into safety. March was up 29%, April looks like 12%, (these are not annualized). I am only going to aim for 3-4% for the next month and focus on safety and diversification.

No comments:

Post a Comment